Introduction and Agreement
The Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) that follows describes the collection, use and disclosure of information practices by Gryd.com and its affiliates (“us” or “we”) in connection with the operation of our website www.Gryd.com, and our related mobile applications, (collectively, the “Site”). This Statement applies to the national version of Gryd.com as well as to any other versions or pages of Gryd.com that we operate.
The policy that follows is applicable to our information collection, use and disclosure practices.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. We automatically collect Usage Data (as described below) and may collect postal codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site. We collect personally identifiable information only when you provide it. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to use certain services. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information in other ways, including:
- Participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email (which have opt-out instructions if you wish to unsubscribe);
- Submitting reviews or other content to the Site; and
- In connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site. We also publish toll-free phone numbers on the Site.
By dialling one of these phone numbers, you consent to the Site or a service provider operating on the Site’s behalf recording the date, time and length of your call and the phone number from which the call originated, along with the call itself and other information that may be captured. Any Usage Data and/or personally identifiable information resulting from such calls may be used as described in this Statement, including for follow up marketing purposes. The types of personally identifiable information collected will depend on the nature of the submission or the features of the Site used, but could include your name, address, phone number, and/or email address.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a Web page.
- IP Address Logs: Gryd.com, also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the Internet.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by us through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by us for any of the following purposes:
- To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to contact your and/or send information about our products and or services).
- To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email, targeted advertising, or otherwise, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such materials.
- To improve your user experience.
- To manage its relationships with its customers, and other third parties to which the Site may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement (e.g., to provide reporting to customers, to provide customer support, and to resolve disputes).
- For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data: Usage Data is used by the Site for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, the Site may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
With respect to promotional materials and newsletters that the Site may send via email from time to time, the Site will not continue to send you such communications if you ask us not to by following the unsubscribe instructions in each promotional email from the Site or by a request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you agree that the Site may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, account status, changes to this Statement or the Site’s Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your registration, service or a request submitted through the Site.
The Site may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Requests. The Site maintains relationships with third party providers for some of the products and services offered through the Site. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that the Site may share personally identifiable information as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. In some cases, the information that you provide through the Site may be collected directly by a third party or its designee (e.g., through forms hosted by such third party or on a page framed with the Site’s branding). Personally identifiable information also may be shared with the specific third parties that can respond to your requests in the form of reporting and other follow-up communications. The subsequent use or disclosure of any information collected by or provided to third parties is subject to their privacy policies and practices.
- Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is the Site’s policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third party direct marketing materials, the Site may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although the Site will endeavor to notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices. Service Providers. The Site works with third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, review moderation, and other services. For example, the Site may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters or advertising on its behalf. In such cases, the Site requires that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by the Site and not for their own promotional purposes.
- Other. The Site expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse, or unauthorized use of the Site’s services, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of Gryd.com or any of its businesses. If you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, anyone may see and use such information and we are not responsible for such use. The Site reserves the right to share any personally identifiable information you post on the Site with third parties with your prior consent. To the extent the Site does so, the subsequent use and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
Please note that the messages that the Site sends to you to confirm, fulfill, or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from the Site or its partners. In the case of these messages, the Site is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. The Site reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Changes to this Statement
Notification of Changes: Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as “Updated”. If we change how we use your personally identifiable information, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
Your personally identifiable information is one of our most valuable assets. We follow generally accepted industry standards to keep it physically secure in our data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, the Site cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of its servers and databases. Moreover, the Site cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
This Site contains links to other sites. While the Site encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies and practices that build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet, the Site is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties or any of the content of Web sites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us email@example.com.
© Gryd Digital Media Ltd. 4B 448 Hargrave St, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3A 0X5.
Last updated: May 23, 2021